Simple steps to removate a builder basic living room

When you decide to buy a new house, chances are, you will be sold one which is built on spec. The sole purpose behind the construction of the house is to sell it. Hence, the rooms, designs, interior, decor, and everything is very generic and basic. To add character to a builder-grade home, it is absolutely necessary to implement modern living room ideas and renovation ideas to your house. If you are looking for remodeling living room ideas, you are in luck, because we are here with the top living room ideas of 2020.

Balance and contrast

Balance and contrast are the keys to a good looking house. It is absolutely necessary to maintain balance and contrast in every aspect of your house to achieve the best result in terms of aes

The basics of balance can be explained by the 70-30 and 70-20-10 rules, which reiterate that one primary color, theme, style, or texture should dominate 70% of your room, and the second one would take up the rest 30%. You can also choose a more quirky element for 10%, and reduce 30% to 20%.

To achieve contrast, always use one element as a foil to highlight the other elements in your living room.

For example, you can paint one of the walls in your living room with a pop color, and use moody tones for the rest of the walls.

You can use the same technique while choosing floors, decor, furniture, lighting, etc.

Incorporate greenery in your household

Adding a touch of greenery will instantly transform your builder-basic living room into a personalized and customized space. The good news is, adding plants and trees to your indoor space need not be an ordeal. Instead, it is easier to implement and maintain than what you would think.

If you are short on space, you can choose small indoor plants like cactus and succulents. The good thing about them is that they barely need any care.

If you are looking for a little more adventurous feel, you can get indoor trees in your living room which would give a more rustic aesthetics.

The planters and pots you use for your indoor plants also add character to a builder-grade home. Choose them while keeping in mind the aesthetics and theming of your entire living room. Greenery in your indoor space boosts the visual appeal as well as your mental health.

Minimalism is the way to go

In 2020, minimalism is not an alien concept anymore. And there are all the good reasons for it to become more and more popular as we go into the next decade. Minimalism makes a lot more sense than gross materialism when you look at the sustainable side of things. The principle of minimalism is surprisingly simple - throw away what you don’t need. This simple mantra can change your living room, your house, and your life.

Go ahead and have fun renovating your builder-basic living room with our ideas and inspirations.